Friday, March 24, 2017

Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer

At the time I am writing this blog I have been inducted as an Associate Member of the Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer at Golgotha Monastery on Papa Stronsay Island, Scotland.  Previously, I had been discerning the Benedictine Oblature.  Through the previous year of discernment I had concluded that my spirituality did not completely align with the Benedictines, as much as I love their order.

I discovered the Sons' order through the work they are doing in Scotland reviving devotions and living out their Catholic culture so boldly.  The spirituality, as established by St. Alphonsus Liguori, being a later Catholic spiritual writer way after St. Benedict, is a bit more rounded to include Marian devotions on top of liturgical prayer.  I very much appreciate that aspect to their devotions.  In time perhaps, Lord willing, I will be a full third order member.  I ask for your prayers in this time for me.  Thank you to all my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment